Friday, April 21, 2006

The End of the Week

It's Friday, hooray! I had the sweetest group of kids last week in my field group, but this week was a little more difficult. On Mondays, we get a list of the names of our students with any significant medical notes. I turned my list over this weekd and saw I had a kid with Tourette's Syndrome and ADHD and sighed. I knew a long week was ahead. As my co-worker, Heather, pointed out, there are some kids where you might not even notice they have ADD or ADHD, but if you spent five minutes with this kid you could definitely tell he has ADHD.

The best part of field group is that you are with the same kids for several hours each day (including a five hour hike on Wednesday), so there is continuity for team building, etc. This particular kid was annoying and distracting for the rest of the students in my group, but by the end of this week I was starting to like him, and I felt like we had reached a mutual understanding. Anyhow, the kids write evaluations on Friday mornings and can draw pictures on the back if they have extra time at the end. This afternoon when I looked over the evaluations from the kids in my field group, this kid had drawn a picture of me with a zebra head and a crazy undetermined body part on the front of me that was either a hand with particularly pointy fingers holding a fish, or four boobs, one of which was lactating. Hmmm, perhaps it wasn't mutual understanding afterall.

2 Comments:

At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have NO idea what to make of that.

<3 Andrea

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

I just thought it was funny, but you shouldn't make anything of it, really. You should have seen the drawing of himself because his drawing style seems to have very pointy, angular lines. That part of me just happened to look like lots of breasts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker