Two Pieces of Chocolate Cake Later...
I'm feeling better. And full. I had a bad start to my day this morning. Riding to school, I got pulled over on campus for running a stop sign by a campus police officer on a bike. He must have been hiding in the bushes--the way the highway patrol stakes out their cars at the bottom of hills--as he seemed to come out of nowhere. Bikes are treated as motor vehicles in the state of Florida, so the ticket is a moving vehicle violation.
I forgot to call him officer, but I tried crying, which didn't get me out of the $125 fee. They used to have a bike school which would allow you to get out of the first infraction by attending a few hours of class, which I was severely disappointed to learn today that they had cancelled. I knew better--I had been warned the campus police are Nazis about bikes, but I was close to late for a meeting with a professor who's son I will be tutoring this year. And it felt a bit humilitating to be standing a bike while a police officer wrote me a ticket. A tear leaked out as I signed the paper, but I didn't have to fake the crying: Too many PMS hormones set me into sobs that must have startled the officer and surprised me even. But I had to ride off red-eyed to my meeting, to which I arrived even later after spending some time in the ladies' room pulling myself together.
So this evening I had to help myself to some of the flourless chocolate cake with raspberry sauce leftovers from the potluck I went to on Saturday. I told Sunshine to take the cake to work this morning, but it was a good thing she forgot. It's amazing what chocolate will do for a girl's hormones.

2 Comments:
Oh, Hannah, I'm sorry, that sucks. (That's also a ridiculous bike policy, in my opinion.) Glad you had the cake around. I have a vegan chocolate cheesecake recipe somewhere that I keep meaning to look up for you.
*haha*
Post a Comment
<< Home